If you are an Italian Dual Citizen and you are traveling to Italy (a dream that many of us have…) or to any other EU country, you might have asked yourself: which passport should I use when I land in Italy? Italian or US? The answer is: either one. 

You may have already discovered that when you travel through the EU, the lines for security and customs are much shorter for EU citizens. Using your Italian passport may be your best option unless you want to spend additional time at the airport...Still much better than the time it took to process immigrants at Ellis Island in the early 1900s. 

NOTE: When leaving and returning to the US, you should always use your US passport.

Use your Italian passport when you land in Italy and or in any other EU countries and when traveling throughout Europe. 

If you were born in Italy, you should always present your Italian passport when you land in the "Bel Paese".

Safe travels!

Call Us Toll Free:


Email us:

[email protected]