THIS ARTICLE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY (last updated on November 15, 2020)
For those of you who have an upcoming appointment with an Italian Consulate here in the US, we strongly suggest you check their website first. This is the current situation:
New York Italian Consulate:
· If your appointment was between 16 March 2020 and 30 June 2020, it was automatically cancelled.
· You won't be able to book an appointment through the online booking systment called PRENOTA until further notice (you cannot visit the Italian Consulate in person unless you have an appointment that has been conifirmed one of their offices).
· Those of you who had an appointment, will be contacted by email with the new procedure they have in place. Your document portofolio will have to be mailed to them with the Application Forms, signed, notarized and apostilled. Instructions are HERE.
· Starting June 15, the Consulate will be open to the public three days a week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (from 9AM to 4:30PM); only people whose appointment was previously cancelled and were contacted with a new date can come in. Entrance is now on 69th Street at the corner with Park Avenue.
· Durign those days, the Consulate guarantees services for proven emergency situations (always by appointment only).
· Money Ordres are the only acceptable form of payment for Consular Services
- Please do not visit the Consular Offices unless it's not an emergency (Entrance is on 69th Street at the corner with Park Avenue);
The Italian Consulate in New York can be reached by email: [email protected] and by phone:
· From 8:30AM to 4:30PM: +1 212 737 9100;
· From 8:30AM to 4:30PM (exclusively to issue passports): +1 646 897 0653;
· Cell phone number only for real emergencies: +1 917 294 9881.
KEEP VISITING THEIR WEBSITE FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION REGARDING CONSULAR SERVICES: https://consnewyork.esteri.it/consolato_newyork/en/
Boston Italian Consulate:
Due to the Public Health Order of the State of Massachusetts issued on March 23, 2020, consular services from March 24 to July 31, 2020, unless otherwise extended, will be as follows:
• Passports issuance and other consular services will be guaranteed ONLY in cases of proven emergency situations (payments ONLY through money order);
• Please DO NOT come to the Consulate General unless strictly necessary for emergencies and ONLY with an appointment;
• No Access will be allowed to persons who have returned within the last 14 days from overseas;
• We enhanced our switchboard number +1 (617) 722-9201/02/03 to provide you with the most up-to-date information. You can also contact us by email at [email protected]. Our emergency cell phone number is also active but please remember that this contact is ONLY for actual emergencies (+1 (617) 721-5435) and should NOT be used to request information or updates.
More information on their website: https://consboston.esteri.it/consolato_boston/en/
Philadelphia Italian Consulate:
Following the implementation of temporary measuraments in regards to the Convid-19 emergency, we outline below important variations and access to our Consular Services:
Declaration required to access the Consulate
The access to our facility will be regulated in accordance to the emergency new guidelines for social distance. the public will be handled only based on appointments on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am to 1pm. Only the applicants themself will be allowed to attend; no one else presence will be acceptable unless necessary related to the service purpose.
Payments in regards to Consular fees can be made by postal money ordery only.
Appointments for italian Citizenship are currently not available through the online booking system PRENOTA; In accordance to Governament guidelines, due to a massive requests backlog, new appointments in this section will not be available until 2021. More HERE
Updates and information about the Philadelphia Consular Services will still be available in their website. https://consfiladelfia.esteri.it/consolato_filadelfia/en/
Washington, DC Italian Embassy:
Acting in compliance with instructions from Italian authorities regarding the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) emergency, please note that access to the Consular Office will now be only by appointment and for essential services only. Guests are kindly requested to keep a safe distance between people. Please report any emergencies related to Covid-19 to [email protected].
Chicago Italian Consulate:
Following the implementation of temporary restrictions due to the Covid-19 emergency, please be aware of the important variations outlined hereinafter:
A. Temporary suspension to the online self-scheduling system:
During the Covid-19 emergency the “Prenota online” system is suspended, except for appointments regarding applications for citizenship.
For appointments and inquiries, you may wish to send an e-mail to the following addresses:
1. [email protected] - for passports inquires and Emergency Travel Documents (ETD);
2. [email protected] - for any other consular service.
Please consult the "Contact us" page of this website for any other consular inquiries.
B. Schedule variations
During the next three weeks (August 10th to August 28th 2020), the Consulate General of Italy will be open to the public, by appointment only, on the following days:
Monday – Wednesday – Friday, from 9:00 AM until 12:30 PM
The Offices of the Consulate General can be reached by phone at:
· Consular services: (312)-467-1550 and (312) 995 5494
· Consul General’s assistant: (312) 467-1556
· Emergencies: (312) 909-0304
We encourage the public to visit this page to reach the offices via e-mail.
C. Access to the Consulate General
· The access to our premises is regulated in accordance to the emergency guidelines, released by the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago. Applicants will be received only by appointments or in case of an emergency. Only the applicants themselves will be allowed to attend. The public is also invited to scrupulously observe the scheduled appointment time, without showing up early, in order to avoid prolonged stops in the waiting room, and to respect the 6-ft social distance requirement.
· Chicago Department of Public Health Commissioner Allison Arwady, M.D., issued an Emergency Travel Order directing travelers entering or returning to Chicago from states experiencing a surge in new COVID-19 cases to quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state. This includes both Chicago residents returning from travel to a designated state, and travelers arriving in Chicago from a designated state. For updates please visit the following link: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-ord...
· Following Governor Pritzker’s extension of the Stay at Home Order, public is kindly required to wear a mask or a face cover when in the premises of the Consulate General.
· Payments in regards to Consular fees can be made by money order only.
· Updates and information about our Consular Services will still be available on our website.
Updates and information about the Chicago Consular Services will still be available on their website. More at: https://conschicago.esteri.it/consolato_chicago/en/
Detroit Italian Consulate:
On 30 June 2020, the Italian Minister of Health signed the Ordinance regulating entry into Italy from abroad. The Ministry of Health Ordinance was adopted following the June 30th EU Council Recommendation ("Council Recommendation on the temporary restriction on non-essential travel into the EU and the possible lifting of such restrictions”). On July 31 the measures foreseen by the Ordinance have been extended for 10 days.
If you plan to return to Italy from abroad you will find useful information at the following link of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. If you plan to return to Italy from the USA, please check the following link for information on connecting flights.
Additional information in the form FAQ can be found at the following link.
The Embassy recalls that pursuant to President Trump's Proclamation on March 11, entry into the USA is still suspended for aliens coming from the Schengen area (as of March 14, also UK and Ireland).
If you are in the US please follow directions provided by the White House, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and State and local authorities. It is also recommended to follow the recommendations of the Italian Ministry of Health.
For further information please write to [email protected].
Miami Italian Consulate:
During the continuation of the Covid-1 emergency, the Consulate General receives the public for essential services on Tuesday and Thursday, EXCLUSIVELY by appointment. The appointments are confirmed by email from the competent office.
In order to avoid unnecessary gatherings, maximum attention is required in applying the social distancing, due respect for the time of booking and the requirement to wear gloves and mask while in the Consulate building.
Non-essential activities may be delayed.
Four telephone numbers are always active to provide useful information.
For actual and proven emergencies it is also possible to contact +1 305 753-0532 active 24/7 or write to [email protected] .
Houston Italian Consulate:
As part of the measures taken in relation to COVID-19, beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, consular services will be provided as follows:
· Until further notice, no new appointments will be scheduled;
· All appointments previously scheduled are to be considered cancelled;
· The issuance of passports and the provision of consular services will continue to be guaranteed only in cases of proven emergency situations (all consular payments can only be made with money orders);
· Please avoid going to the Consulate General unless strictly necessary and ONLY BY APPOINTMENT.
· To continue to cope with the emergency, please note that the Consulate General of Italy in Houston is always reachable by email at [email protected].i t and by phone at the following telephone number:
From 8:00am to 4:00pm: +1 713-850-7520
The current emergency line remains active: +1 713-459-2110
San Francisco Italian Consulate:
Please visit this page for more information: https://conssanfrancisco.esteri.it/consolato_sanfrancisco/en/i_servizi/per_i_cittadini/cittadinanza#No_appts_available
Los Angeles Italian Consulate:
Due to the current COVID 19 public health crisis and the recent restrictions enforced by local Authorities, the Consulate General of Italy in Los Angeles will only be open to the public - until further notice - exclusively for emergencies and by appointment only, every week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 am to 3:30 pm. To avoid any form of gathering please respect the time of your appointment and present yourself only if wearing gloves and protective mask.
For all emergencies, as always, this Consulate General can be reached on our emergency cell. phone at +1 (310) 433.5422, please remember that this number is for emergencies only and should not be used to request information or updates.
We thank you all for your collaboration and understanding. Together we will get through this very difficult time.
More on their website: https://bit.ly/2RHQxip