British citizens born in the UK descendants from Italian nationals not registered with this Consulate General must produce the following:
• Application form DULY COMPLETED AND UNSIGNED. The application must be signed in front of the officer during the appointment at the Consulate.
• Full birth certificate of the applicant, Apostilled by the “The Legalisation Office” (Norfolk House (West) 437 Silbury Boulevard - Milton Keynes MK9 2AH - Tel. 037 00 00 22 44 - Fax: 01908295122 E-mail: Legalisationoffice@fco.gov.uk Web-site: www.fco.gov.uk/legalisation) and translated into Italian.
• Birth certificate issued by the Italian Municipality (called "Estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita") for the LAST person in your family born in Italy. Order a birth certificate with MY ITALIAN FAMILY.
• Birth, marriage and death certificates for all the descendants including yourself. All certificates MUST be Apostilled by the “The Legalisation Office” (see above) and translated into Italian. The translation of British documents will be certified by the Italian Consulate in London.
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE RENOUNCED HIS OR HER ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP (by becoming a British citizen) BEFORE THE BIRTH OF THE NEXT DESCENDANT, YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP
• A declaration for the period 1844/Sept. 1986, from The National Archives, Kew Richmond Surrey TW9 4DU (www.nationalarchives.gov.uk) and, for the period after 1 October 1986, from Home Office UK Border Agency Reliance House 20 Water Street, Liverpool, L2 8XU, (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/proof-that-you-are-...) that their father/mother, who was born in Italy, either never naturalised in this Country, or if he or she did, the date of the naturalisation. These declarations must be apostilled by the “The Legalisation Office” Norfolk House, Milton Keynes (please see the information above) and translated into Italian. IF THIS PERSON NATURALISED (i.e. became a British citizen) BEFORE THE NEXT DESCENDANT WAS BORN, YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP
• Proof of address (utility bill, bank statement etc)
• Current passport and a photocopy of it
• Consular fees of € 300,00 (at the amount in GBP based on the current exchange rate – cash or British debit card only) to be paid at the cashier's desk of the Consulate General. Payment information will be provided on the day of the appointment.
EACH ORIGINAL MUST BE PRODUCED WITH 1 PHOTOCOPY. DOUBLE SIDED PHOTOCOPIES WILL BE NOT ACCEPTED.
Applicants for Citizenship Jure Sanguinis over the age of 18 can ONLY book an appointment via the “Prenota Online” system on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Any applicant wishing to book an appointment need to create their own account. Be aware that you can only book for up 12 weeks from the current date. In case there were no appointments available, it will be necessary to try every day until a date appears to be available. This office DOES NOT HAVE access to the automated appointment system. Please do not ask for an appointment by email.
Please note: you will receive an automatic reminder email from the Prenota Online system asking you to reconfirm your appointment. You need to confirm your attendance no later than 3 days before the date of your appointment only via the Prenota Online system. Failing to confirm the appointment will result in a cancellation of the booking. It is advisable to log into the system Mondays and Wednesdays night at 7 pm (UK time) when the system frees the first available date. Due to the high demand, appointments are generally fully booked in a few minutes.
The original documents will not be returned to you.
For more information, to download an application, or to make an appointment, please visit: http://www.conslondra.esteri.it/Consolato_Londra/Menu/I_Servizi/Per_i_ci...